I don’t want love
I don’t have any small talk left
There has to be a point
A story to get excited about
To get it hard
And get it wet
Beyond an expectation
With broken down fences
And shattered crystal balls
With dirty minds
And dirty feet
Give me that
With dirty minds
And dirty feet
Give me that
I don’t want love
No
I want more
whoa! the last line! of course there is an infinite dialogue that falls out from it, but as poem, whoa. actually, because of poem and infinite dialogue, whoa!
ReplyDeletexo
erin
ya, this where i am erin.
ReplyDeletei want more and the sky has no borders.
thank you.
"the 'more' is...."? I love words and I write words, and I love your words. But it seems a jack-off moment most times. A thing I do for myself. The only art left is activism, or complete withdrawal hoping for the best....maybe I misunderstand you. Mostly I withdraw, and love is the bottom line. Stay close to home. the shit hasn't yet hit the fan, but its getting closer....
ReplyDeleteDan - you speak of love as the bottom line.
ReplyDeleteerin and i used to be a couple and i thought love was the bottom line.
love is fleeting, life is fleeting.
i want more until there is nothing left.
glad you are speaking here.
Fantastic. You capture that fleeting essence of "love" well. The fabricated infatuation our society calls "love." It's what even the churches sell. What's that song..."sometimes love just ain't enough..."
ReplyDeletepatty smyth sang that one with that henley fella.
ReplyDeletetrue enough.
thank you H.P.