1.12.2012

the smell



















Who was it in the crowd he knew
Everyone looked so familiar
Their muffled voices not to decipher
It is a loud world with quiet footfalls like clouds of muslin
That part of the puzzle could go nowhere else
The less there is of a man the more the need for clothes
When they throw the last handful of dirt

The bicycle is left behind getting an eyeful
Of the canal what made a second hand move
You like it second hand don’t you?
She flung the come into the water  
He zipped up
The puzzle bits getting harder to place
J’ai une odeur de gaz


4 comments:

  1. This has a raw feel to it...something about sexuality and death....(I had to google the last line to translate, since I don't understand French!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is all about sex and death Dan.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a stepdad who had an apple orchard. It had about a thousand trees. It was a place called Toddy Hollow because sometimes at harvest, the whole place smelled like apple brandy.Apples fermenting before you could get them to market. One summer, I worked the orchard with my stepdad. I pointed to a tree that was so burdened with fruit its branches were close to breaking. He said it was dying. He said dying trees do this. they bear as much as they can, so as to throw apples to the ground and die. The tree died. Sure enough, little trees popped out of the ground the next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing Dan!
    all about sex and death

    ReplyDelete