Absolutely awesome! Some time after Woodie Guthrie died, a number of his writings were discovered that he never put to music. Billy Bragg and the band Wilco put them to music in a two-cd set called Mermaid Avenue. One song that might apply here was called 'Walt Whitman's Niece'. It's done almost as a seamen's chanty and I think you might like it. Here's the Youtube link: http://youtu.be/1GDU6ns2mRM
I agree with Mama Zen's remark re: the last two lnes.
Sharp, crisp writing. Those last two lines are amazing.
ReplyDeletethank you Mama Zen. welcome!
ReplyDeleteYes, I really like those last two sentences, too.
ReplyDeleteTime, as long as there is still time...
XXX
Absolutely awesome! Some time after Woodie Guthrie died, a number of his writings were discovered that he never put to music. Billy Bragg and the band Wilco put them to music in a two-cd set called Mermaid Avenue. One song that might apply here was called 'Walt Whitman's Niece'. It's done almost as a seamen's chanty and I think you might like it. Here's the Youtube link: http://youtu.be/1GDU6ns2mRM
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mama Zen's remark re: the last two lnes.
Nadja - thank you my dear friend.
DeleteDan - i had heard of that cd but it got lost in my shuffle.
i will check it out for sure. thank you.