12.29.2011

16 years old - a night on the town


You looked very nice last night
I can only tell you now
Your perfume a baffling language
Of contradiction and longing
Left me awkward and shy
I wanted to lean into you
As we shared the armrest
Your body ever present

3 comments:

  1. Sixteen is a very romantic age...I remember back in the doo-wop days of the late 50s -early 60s, the song "Sixteen Candles" ("Sixteen candles make a lovely sight, but they're not as bright as your eyes tonight...") Seventeen was also good. (The Beatles: "She was just seventeen...you know what I mean...") Can't leave out The Big Bopper: "Chantilly lace and a pretty face, ponytail hanging down, a wiggling walk, and a giggling talk....makes the world go round." : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan - i was back there man with sweaty palms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..as we are prone to say here in the southern U.S., "I hear that!"

    ReplyDelete