1.19.2012

silver

Some people,
They can distract themselves with ambition
They cast blood and glances my way
So I drift
Only the drift takes me
When I am not alone

I walk through the rubble 
In abandoned building dreams
Of silver heartaches 
And never sleep
There is no need for sleep
I dream during the day


5 comments:

  1. Oh, those last two lines are super-classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read these aloud as though I am thinking them to myself. So thanks for putting such thoughts in my head. I especially liked the phrase 'blood and glances' for some reason, and also the feeling of the word 'drift'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter - thank you my friend.
    Dan - yes reading out loud is good. i noticed when i read this one the word drift seemed somehow
    longer as i read putting me in that state. this bit is very much about state.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might freak out those ambitious ones. You are doing what they fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ollie - i have never been ambitious, not in the ways of careers and homes and status which always one or another put me at odds. a great place to be. thank you.

    ReplyDelete