1.10.2012

coffee in the park



I took a coffee and read a sign
Walked to the park and watched the carnival tear down
The elephants followed the mice that followed the cats into
An old woman’s purse which she closed after lighting a smoke
I watched her for the longest time and couldn’t say who she was
She looked up and caught me staring and said, “I have no story for you.
I am here just like you without a past without a tomorrow. We must now imagine.”
Then, at that moment I felt great joy
Everything became valid
As the carnival left town
In the warmth of the sun
On my face




5 comments:

  1. i love this :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypnotic magical mystery tour....a good illustrator could make a nice children's fantasy picture book of the old woman and her seemingly bottomless purse...the carnival...the park...it all captures my imagination...and then, alone in the park...and the sun...the carnival evaporating like a dream....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Mara.

    thank you Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is here...this never ending present

    (I love that you totally "get" my French stories)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now and now and wait for it, NOW.
    the French stories are the shit Ollie.
    i love them.

    ReplyDelete