2.18.2012

the warmth of a yellow bird

I didn’t see it happen, but I heard it. The unmistakable thud
when a bird hits the glass. I ran outside, but even then it was too late,
The snow was melting a silhouette around him like a shadow growing at sunrise, 
draining him of warmth.
It was beautiful.

This morning while stirring the dying coals of last night's fire 
that looked like a burning city I understood once again, I do not know pain.
I have not suffered.

4 comments:

  1. Really liked this a lot!

    "The snow was melting a silhouette around him like a shadow growing at sunrise,
    draining him of warmth."

    "...stirring the dying coals of last night's fire
    that looked like a burning city..."

    Really great lines. I was reminded of Jack London's "To Build A Fire".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful. Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete