2.10.2012

this is important


important
a word stone significant
like a photograph or death
whoever took that photograph
saw the mirage of love
in a moment’s deception
there it is in black and white
of no importance
like the word itself
just passing through
the grey 

5 comments:

  1. that is a word people throw around a lot these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....it's interesting to me how a photograph somehow immortalizes and perpetuates a moment whether it is of importance or not. For me, this is especially true of black and white photography....it looks somehow more like a document. A fact. I don't know why this is. Maybe since in my childhood the world seemed so much more black and white than before. I can remember when we got our first color television. I had a problem with it. It didn't seem as real as the black and white newsreels I was used to....

    (...just rambling...rebounding from your poem...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie too much. thank you.

    Dan - rebounding is good! i had a conversation with someone a while back when i started to shoot more black and white. they said that b+w seemed more honest, and i agreed and still do but i find i am searching for that grey that settles the nerves, comes with a brilliant sunrise on a day full of chaos. i love b+w movies. it is the grey. thank you Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big collection of old black and white photographs. I collect these images compulsively. I'm not sure why. But I have 100s of them. I go to flea markets, yard sales, etc. People I don't even know. People already dead by now. I sit and look at these pictures of them. Maybe it gives me some perspective...???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like the black and white movies...so many shadows and places of grey, as you say...

    ReplyDelete