flowing from the summit of heaven to quench the fires below over rock and fallen men gathering speed then slowly the gurgle of breath choked out of it the dry bed before me i lay in
This was quite provocative for me and called up a time hitchhiking through New Mexico. So I respond to your writing obliquely:
In the desert I walk the dry arroyo full of pebbled yesterdays and hints of some tomorrow. I could die of thirst lying here and feed the many flying creeping crawling creatures before the waters came again to drown me, or thumb on over to Tucumcari and try to find a job.
This was quite provocative for me and called up a time hitchhiking through New Mexico. So I respond to your writing obliquely:
ReplyDeleteIn the desert I walk the dry arroyo full of pebbled yesterdays and hints of some tomorrow. I could die of thirst lying here and feed the many flying creeping crawling creatures before the waters came again to drown me, or thumb on over to Tucumcari and try to find a job.
i love your response mythopolis!
ReplyDeletethank you
wow gorgeous prose! love this line esp: over rock and fallen men. thanks so much for linking! e.
ReplyDeleteit was great to partake emily.
ReplyDeletethank you.